Welcome to my website! The site is designed to provide easy access to my books, blog, journal articles and white papers. The content on the site is updated at least once a week, as my blog posts come out every Friday. Other site pages will be updated as new articles, white papers and books appear.
Most of my work has an investment focus, at least in the broadest sense. Good investors – those who preserve and grow their capital across the decades and generations – are educated investors. Whatever aspect of the investment process they are working on, they know the difference between best investment practices and whatever everybody else is doing. This site is designed to help you be that informed investor.
Here is a quick snapshot of what’s on the site:
- My bio. In short, I’ve been advising very substantial investors since 1979. Many of the clients I work with today are the grandchildren of the folks I started with way back when. You can check out Greycourt, the company I founded, here.
- My blog. A new post appears every Friday. As noted, the blog has an investment focus, but I interpret that very broadly. So far there are nearly 200 posts, i.e., almost four years’ worth of the blog. If you would like to receive the blog via email (it’s free), you can do so here.
- My books. I’ve published three investment books, a book of poetry, and I’ve edited two other books. More to come!
- Articles. I’ve published scores of articles over the years, including articles in refereed journals, white papers, and newspaper and magazine articles.
I hope you find the site useful and interesting. Please let me know what you think by contacting me here.
Recent Blog Posts…
- Without courage all other virtues are useless. Edward Abbey, Desert Solitaire We are talking about climate change, this being the tenth and (finally!) last post in my long series on “changes” that might be considered by the new Trump Administration. Last thoughts on climate change In my last post I … read more »
- Headline of the future: “Oat Bran – the Silent Killer.” (Woody Allen or David Letterman, I forget which) We are courageously dealing with the controversial subject of climate change, but since my courage is running low, this will be our next-to-last foray into the subject. Even more climate change My … read more »
- What have future generations ever done for us? Groucho Marx Last week we took on the controversial subject of climate change. This week, just to demonstrate how reckless a humble blogger can be, we’ll return to the scene of the crime and do it all over again. More climate change … read more »
- In my last post we looked at the need for “change” in one controversial domestic sector, education. But since that wasn’t nearly contentious enough (I only got about 400,000 death threats), let’s move on to something really controversial, namely, Climate change Strangely enough, climate science is a subject I actually … read more »
- In my last few posts we looked at some of the more controversial “changes” in the international arena that seem to be demanded. Now we’ll turn to the domestic sector, beginning with: Education The controversy surrounding Betsy DeVos’s nomination as Education Secretary obscures a far more urgent issue: the state of … read more »