Welcome to my website! The site is designed to provide easy access to my books, blog, journal articles and white papers. The content on the site is updated at least once a week, as my blog posts come out every Friday. Other site pages will be updated as new articles, white papers and books appear.
Most of my work has an investment focus, at least in the broadest sense. Good investors – those who preserve and grow their capital across the decades and generations – are educated investors. Whatever aspect of the investment process they are working on, they know the difference between best investment practices and whatever everybody else is doing. This site is designed to help you be that informed investor.
Here is a quick snapshot of what’s on the site:
- My bio. In short, I’ve been advising very substantial investors since 1979. Many of the clients I work with today are the grandchildren of the folks I started with way back when. You can check out Greycourt, the company I founded, here.
- My blog. A new post appears every Friday. As noted, the blog has an investment focus, but I interpret that very broadly. So far there are nearly 200 posts, i.e., almost four years’ worth of the blog. If you would like to receive the blog via email (it’s free), you can do so here.
- My books. I’ve published three investment books, a book of poetry, and I’ve edited two other books. More to come!
- Articles. I’ve published scores of articles over the years, including articles in refereed journals, white papers, and newspaper and magazine articles.
I hope you find the site useful and interesting. Please let me know what you think by contacting me here.
Recent Blog Posts…
- Many forms of government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except for all those other forms that have been tried … read more »
- Profit from folly rather than participating in it. *** Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful. *** I prefer buying things. Otherwise, it’s a little like saving sex for your old age. Warren Buffett The true contrarian only buys when it makes him feel physically … read more »
- You make most of your money in a bear market, you just don’t realize it at the time. Shelby Cullom Davis [This post is a modified version of an email I sent to clients I work with in my day job at Greycourt.] Given the recent market volatility driven primarily … read more »
- One morning I received a call from my Zurich lawyer, Dr. Andreas Froriep, who informed me that someone was trying to find out who was behind Arran Isle Improvement Association AG. I burst out laughing. It’s true, I suppose, that the Arran miscreants and their shyster lawyers could litigate in … read more »
- The history of tenant abuse by aristocratic landlords goes back in the UK for a thousand years. But the twentieth century turned out to be The Revenge of the Downtrodden. Beginning immediately after World War I, which decimated Britain’s male aristocrats, the Brits determined to destroy their aristocracy, and destroy … read more »